Read the rules
10 rules for how to behave on the website
We ask all users to stick to these 10 rules. Every book review is read and checked by moderators to make sure it is suitable. If you break any of the rules, your review will be rejected. If a message is not suitable it will be deleted.
- Stay safe – don’t include any personal information in your messages. This includes your name, email address, street address and phone number.
- Don’t include the personal details of anyone else in your messages.
- Don’t post rude, racist, offensive, violent or vulgar messages to the site. This will not be tolerated.
- Treat everyone with respect – even if someone has a different view to your own, don’t let it get personal.
- Don’t glamorise illegal or dangerous activities – it’s OK to talk about what happens in a book, but don’t encourage others to follow its example!
- Don’t bully or troll
- Don’t write everything in CAPS or emoji – or stretch the text – it isn’t easy for everyone to read and your message won’t be published.
- Don’t post entire messages in text speak – it’s OK to shorten some words but not everyone understands text speak or finds it quick to read.
- Don’t post links to other websites – there’s no way of controlling what these sites contain.
- Don’t break copyright rules. This means you shouldn’t post text from someone else’s books.
Have fun and we look forward to seeing you here on the site!