What information do we collect?
If you visit the Teachers’ Reading Challenge website, we automatically gather and store the following information about your visit in so that we can track the use of our website in order to make improvements:
- the IP address from which you access our website
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g. aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages, files, documents and links that you visit
- the internet address of the website from which you linked to our site (i.e. the previous site you visited before you came to us
What happens to the information collected?
The Teachers’ Reading Challenge will not make any attempt to identify individual users or their particular browsing activities. The information above is stored and used in the aggregate only, in order to provide us with information about the general use of our site. We analyse our log files in order to make improvements to the site: for example if we find that some pages are rarely or never visited, we may decide to remove or rewrite them.
What are cookies?
The Teachers’ Reading Challenge website uses session cookies to record progress throughout the visit to the website.
Email addresses and personal information
There is an optional log in for the Teachers’ Reading Challenge website which allows visitors to keep track of their progress. The email address will be used to confirm the registration and to send a password reminder email on request. None of the information collected on registration will be used by us apart from in aggregate, to provide us with information about the general use of our site. We will not pass any details on to any third parties. We will share your data with our delivery partner, the Open University. Both parties will send users a monthly newsletter. The user can unsubscribe from the newsletter at anytime by following the instructions on the newsletter.